The Inglewood neighborhood has a history going back to 1800s and is Calgary’s most ancient community. The Elbow River encompasses the area to the south, CPR Yard to the west and the Bow River to the east and north and east. It is centered several blocks on 9th Avenue SE, to the east of downtown and Elbow River.
The postal code in this area is T2G.
The community of Inglewood was established after the fort was built, in the year 1875. Ninth Avenue was the first "main street." Today, residents of the community a large area of shopping and arts in the district.
Inglewood also houses the Inglewood Bird Sanctuary, a refuge for urban wildlife. Known as Brewery Flats or East Calgary, the community had not been named Inglewood until the year 1911.